- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup or stevia
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Fry sesame seeds on low/medium heat until just start to brown or they start to pop.
- Grind the toasted sesame seeds with a motor and pestle, food processor, or clean coffee grinder until smooth.
- Mix rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sweetener in a small bowl. Add sesame oil and ground sesame seeds and whisk everything together.
- You can keep the dressing in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- The vinegar in this dressing may make it too sour for some. To play it safe, start with 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar and then taste the dressing before adding any more.
- Sweeten it up with 2 tablespoons of mirin (Japanese rice wine).
- If you prefer a creamier dressing, add 2 tablespoons of vegan mayo. Or, alternatively, pulse the mixture in a blender for 15 to 30 seconds until it's thick and emulsified.
- Garlic and ginger are two other welcomed additions for leveling up the spice (add about a 1/2 teaspoon each).